hidden women

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Change of plans!

After one or two (maybe 3) Grey's Anatomy my best friend here in Omaha, Dani (who is also an amazing photographer) asked me if I wanted to do a craft day!!! Obviously I said, "YAY!" and went over. We went to JOANNS and got some good stuff. Dani is like craft queen and has everything, love her. Anyways, we made these amazing pillows.
 Ignore the messy background (and creepy cat side of the blanket). I wanted to include the rug in the picture, but since our bed is in our living room, it's covered up....

Originally I made the normal pillow, like the one below, but I wanted something different, so I made up this little tie/knot thing. It's not the most even and prettiest, but I LOVE IT.
The first pillow I made was the green one. After it was done, I slipped the pillow in and it was too fat! It was bursting out of the pillow. So, got this little hair tie and conjured up some way to attach it, it was difficult but got it to work!! And since Dani is amazing she had a button. :) Sewed it on and voila! And the blue one, is just a normal one, but still so cute!

Last craft, but not least....
MY KEY HOLDER!!!!

I got the plain wood frame and JOANNS and then painted it. Dani had some crackle paint, but it didn't work :(. That's okay! Dani has a silhouette. She is awesome, like I said. Anyways, it cut out the keys and then stuck it on the paper! 

I would say,CRAFT DAY WAS A SUCCESS!!!!

No comments: