hidden women

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What I've been up to this week.

I found this drink on Pinterest and wanted to make it. It said that it was a detoxing drink and was refreshing. I just happened to have all the ingredients to make it! From here. Anyways... I hated it. I gagged every time I drank it. I couldn't even try and down it. I used mint leaves and not spearmint...so maybe that's it? I don't know. 

You make it and let me know :)
  Last week I made cilantro lime chicken tacos. I had an empty salsa jar and told Robert not to throw it away. So I had to think of something to do with it. This is what I came up with.

 I painted the top with grey chalkboard paint... then put cotton swabs in it! I love how it turned out.
 Also, that cute little birdy tube. That's my toilet paper holder I made a while back. It's from an Old Fashioned Oats containter. It fits toilet paper perfectly. I just cover it with cute paper but fabric might work better. My paper didn't go all the way around so the back has ugly cut up pink paper covering the rest [I just hide it:)]

 My thrift finds yesterday! Each of them were $2.97. Left: adorable old vintage lame. Right: 3 tier plate display [for like desserts or condiments]. Front: A lamp shade that I ripped apart so I came make this. To come later!

Lamp beauty up close!!

HAPPY WEEK!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hello!
I just told Jeff what you said in your comment on our blog and he said, "Cool! We'll have to meet up with them."
I see you went to Zombie Burger! I've seen things about it on different websites. We're excited to move, and are excited to find out you and your husband will be close! 30 minutes isn't far at all (especially after living in Rexburg haha).
Also, we may or may not have met at Ramirez one time.

Mrs. Van Haaften said...

Amy-
Yesssss, we totally met at Ramirez once. I miss that deliciousness.
You will love Des Moines, it's fresh, new, and fun.
Also, if you want we could extend our lease in Omaha and you could live in our apartment [if you don't want to live with the inlaws of course]

Anywhoo.