hidden women

Sunday, February 21, 2010

:)

"Are you okay?" you asked, several seconds into our hug.

"...yes..." I answered. "Why?"

"You're holding me a lot tighter than you usually do."

I was so excited to be in your arms that I hadn't really noticed that I had thrown mine around you with a lot more enthusiasm than usual. Whoops! I had already opened my mouth to apologize when I felt you shifting your grip to pull me even closer. So what actually came out of my mouth was fueled by my flustered, fluttering brain and was a lot lamer than I would have wanted.

But you didn't seem to mind my inane babble.

And then you held me for a long, long time.

Why, oh why, can't such moments last forever?


Courtesy of letterstocrushes.com

1 comment:

Beth said...

So cute! This makes me very happy :D