hidden women

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Brass Bed

We all know I'm not very good at explaining things, but bear with me.

Question: Are there things in your life that just take you to another world?

Examples: Songs, movies, pictures, ect...

This world: It's so bright and colorful and it gives you the butterflies/ there are butterflies just flying around everywhere. There are waterfalls and mountains, lush green grass and trees. Hills and valleys, dandelions and sunflowers. Any season you want can come at the snap of a finger. The sun is shining so wonderfully and you never want to leave. This place is the ultimate happiness.

Does art do this to you, or is it just me?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i one hundred percent relate to this.

i feel this way every time i listen to explosions in the sky,
every time i view a painting by william turner,
and every time i read johnny cash's autobiography.

beautifully expressed, my dear.

Unknown said...

ps: i feel like this is why we have art in our lives. even though this earth is so beautiful, i feel like sometimes we just need an escape or a different perspective of the world we live in. you can look at water lilies on a pond but get a completely different feeling when viewing the water lilies monet painted.
life is difficult sometimes and without art, it would be a hundred times more difficult. guaranteed. we need it in our lives.

sorry i'm posting so much, but this post just really spoke to me!

Talia said...

I love when you post so much, makes me feel like blogging was successful not only for me but others. I love the way you described everything in your comments. Thank you.