hidden women

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lesson Learned

So today I decided I was in some dire need of orange juice. I get in these weird obsession moods for orange juice and ya'll, it's the season. Well I was out of oj and decided Mc Donald's has amazing oj for my tummy.
I was running a smidge behind schedule, I got to school right on time and needed a close parking space or I WOULD be late (I would rather be late, because I'm not a fan of this class). All the spots were taken, except there was a Visitor Parking for the Student Center open. I've parked there a couple times before and never got a ticket, so I gambled my money away and parked there.
Turns out I forgot I parked there (imagine that) and stayed after class for an hour.

I was just telling the girls, "Maybe I won't get one! I've never gotten one in the previous times, but I probably need a lesson taught so I won't park there anymore"

Ladies and Gentlemen you're right, I received a ticket.

For about 2 minutes I contemplated lying. I contemplated crumpling up my integrity and putting it in the recycle bin, but you're aren't suppose to crumple recycled paper, which makes it worse.
I actually thought about lying and telling the school people that I was parked in the space next to visitor parking and they made a mistake. I ACTUALLY THOUGHT ABOUT IT.

Then I caught myself and realized what I was thinking, I wanted to lie so I wouldn't be punished for something that I broke the rules doing. I went straight to the cashier and paid my pink ticket of $25.

Luckily, I still have my integrity and it doesn't have to be thrown away. I may have lost my CTR ring but I can still Choose The Right :)

It amazes me how much the adversary is there in our lives tempting us to do things we would never dream of doing. It just shows how important it is to do all the little things in life that will help you when the big picture mistake is there.

Don't crumple up your integrity for the recycle bin, because it won't take it and then it will just be thrown in the trash.




No comments: