hidden women

Friday, July 9, 2010



Dear Long Luscious Red Hair,

I know it’s been a while now and I should have moved on, but it’s hard. I still think about you all the time. Short hair has been good to me, brown hair has as well, it has, and I'm glad I was able to donate those 15 inches, but nothing will ever compare to what we had. I know this is bad, but sometimes… when I’m brushing my short brown locks, secretly I’m thinking about you. You were different, long gorgeous red curls, and I loved you the moment I saw you on my scalp. Some of my fondest memories took place when we were together and these days I find myself fighting to hold back the salty tears that well up in my eyes when I think about you and I together.

I guess all this is just to say that I love you and I miss you. What we had was something special. And I don’t want to forget that.

Come back to me, grow faster.

3 comments:

ashley said...

you're too cute.. i didn't know you planned to donate your hair- you're amazing :) :)

Beth said...

You're adorable. I've never had such an attachment to my natural hair. I find myself longing for old dye jobs...

Robert VanHaaften said...

i love you