hidden women

Thursday, July 8, 2010


I can't decide if Summer is getting to me or I am really thinking this because I haven't been in school for a while.
Here is my dilemma:
I am going to school to become a Sign Language Interpreter but that only gives you an Associates degree then if you want the RID to put you on their registry you have to have a Bachelors degree in something, basically anything you want. So if I'm going to have to go to more schooling what do I want to major in?!
This is where my mind gets mad at me. I think that being a Middle school teacher would be so amazing. I think I would love that so much, but then what about my Sign Language Interpreting?! I don't want to lose my skill after I spent time acquiring it. Plus I love it so much, I've never had so much fun learning.
Writing this down is just making my brain hurt even more. Any suggestions my 6 followers? Sounds pathetic, 6 followers, never the less I love you and glad you follow.
I hope you have a good day and you follow your heart like the sunflowers follow the sun!

3 comments:

Shane & Hannah said...

Is there a major in communications dealing with sign language interpretation?

ashley said...

now seven followers :)

Beth said...

I'm with hannah on this one. Or you could talk to someone in the biz and see what they studied. Maybe there is something you can study that corresponds with interpreting? I'm so glad I'm one of the 7 :)