hidden women

Monday, July 12, 2010

Highlight of my Life

On Friday my breast fren, Sami and I went to the Jason Reeves/Ingrid Michaelson concert at the Slowdown. First off not only do I love both of them, but they sounded so amazing! Even better in person! It was funny though, Sami and I were there for Jason and no there even knew who he was, they were there for Ingrid. I do love Ingrid though and she is really funny, plus. Something about Jason though, he is just different. It's not that I am in love with him for his looks, he isn't anything that special but his music, his soul makes him magnificent.
He is an incredible singer, poet, writer, musician, just a plain incredible man. Artist.
He takes words out of my mouth I didn't even know I was thinking till I heard it. He paints the most vibrant, full, bold, colorful picture in my mind with the most elect words and phrases. When it comes to music and art, he has my heart, mind, and soul.
My words in my brain are like doves trying to get out of their cage. They don't know how to figure it out on their own. He is that string that pulls the door open and they fly out fast, everywhere. Soaring to the sky, belting their song to the world.
Someone once said, "Everyone needs a little help"

It was an honor to be at his concert and get a picture with him.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I stole a line from your post. I have never heard of Jason Reeves, but I might want to check him out now that he makes you think such poetic things!